Tuesday, October 30, 2007

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

Just some pictures of Halloween quilts I have made through the years. This is an original pattern I made up 7 years ago. This is my favorite. My husband loves this quilt, it stays on our couch year round. I followed this pattern out of a Fons and Porter quilt magazine a few years ago. It was not made with Halloween themed fabric but I thought it would work up great with that fabric. Unfortunately I used a horrible batting on it and I don't really like it because of that. I think of remaking the pattern and using a good batting but I have already made it once and I have other quilts I want to make.

Another original. I made this using some embroidery pumpkins I found free on the internet about 3 years ago. I gave this quilt to charity.

This is a baby rag quilt I made. It is an original idea. I am saving this quilt for when I have a grand baby. I love it. It is so fall and so Halloween. I hope whichever one of my children receives this for their child will use it and like it. I do not have any grandchildren yet and there are not any expected in the near future but I am certainly ready with this quilt.


This is a quilt I made after watching an episode of Simply Quilts. I can't remember what this technique was called but thought I would try it out. I don't know if I really like it but I still have it in the closet. I can't seem to part with it yet for some reason. I never use it, take it out every year and wonder if I should donate it this year but it goes back into the closet. I guess I will continue to do that until I think it should go.


Well that is my collection of Halloween quilts for this year. I did make you Boo-quet but did not post another picture of that because I just posted it a few weeks ago.
Have a Happy and Safe Halloween and I will post again next month.
Dot




10 comments:

Karolee said...

I love looking at all of your quilts. I wish I could touch them. :-)

Lisa D. said...

You have some really great fall/Halloween quilts! I love the first pumpkin one. Too cute.

Kim said...

Oh, boy! It's like going to a quilt show before work this morning! Love them all--thanks for sharing!

corry said...

Well that's an impressive colection of quilts! My favorite is the quilt on the first photo! Thanks for sharing them!

Angie said...

Wow, Dot, I love your Halloween quilt collection! I don't have narry a one!! :( Guess I'll have to get on the broom, uh, stick LOL and make me at least one! ROFL My favorite is the Jack-o-lantern one. :) Happy Halloween!

Dawn said...

Thanks for sharing all your quilts! It was fun looking at all of them! I like the candy corn one!

andsewitis Holly said...

They are all beautiful but my favorite is the first one followed by the baby quilt. Adorable!

DubiQuilts - Debbi said...

Love your quilts for the Halloween and fall season. My favorite on is the frist one.

Deb said...

Those are all great Dot! I especially like the rag quilt.

Good luck with the grandbaby wait . I actually have one born on Halloween...she is 5 today and her name is Samantha.

JoAnna said...

Holy cow. What a treasure of Halloween quilts. I love them all, but especially the pumpkin log cabins. I hear what you are saying about not repeating quilts once they're made...there is just too much fun stuff to do!