Saturday, April 05, 2014

Placemat #3

I finished the placemat #3.  this will be the last one until I get new grandbaby sometime this month.  We don't know if boy or girl so I am waiting to see what theme.
Well surprise, I have posted three times in three days.  Maybe I will just bet back into this blogging thing.


Friday, April 04, 2014


Two of our grandsons are spending the night with us.  I have wanted to make them placemats for a long time and finally decided today would be the day.  I found these left over pieces from a car quilt I made a few years ago and they worked perfectly for the mats.  I will now need to get one made for grandson three but that probably won't happen today.  We are going to the movies this afternoon.  Hubby promised the boys he would take them to the movies so we will go see Frozen later today.  They are excited and should be fun.

Have a great week-end


Thursday, April 03, 2014

Rug Mugs and a bag

I found a pattern on the internet for Easter egg mug rugs.  I decided to make some for my co-workers and my grandsons.  Here is a picture of the completed mug rugs.  They were fun to make and I used a fair amount of my scraps.

I also decided to use some of my scraps to make myself a small knitting bag.  I have been taking my knitting projects to and from work in an old gift bag which has become very tattered over the months.  I thought I would try making a bag with scraps and left over batting.  Here are the result.  This is the same bag, both sides just so you can see the fabrics I used.  I really like how it turned out. 

I just might have to make a few more in different sizes before I move on to other projects.

Well I better go and get dinner started.  I promise to try to post at least once a week.  I haven't really been sewing much in the last few months but hopefully that will change.

Have a blessed week-end.


Thursday, October 17, 2013

Trouble with T's - part 2

This is the completed Trouble with T's quilt.  I am somewhat happy with the outcome.  I guess this is one of the downfalls of my quiting techinque.  When I make an original quilt, from my minds eye, I start with a concept in my mind and a quilt square and go for it.  I have no real pattern and just make things up as I go along.  Sometimes it works out really well and other times, well you get corners that quite look right.  It is done and I can move forward.  Someone will love this quilt.

I have started a Christmas table topper.  I found the link to the pattern on  Bad Ass Quilters Society.  Well off to sew for a bit than get ready for work.

Have a great day.


Friday, October 11, 2013

Trouble with T's

Well I was going to make and "easy? T quilt.  I didn't want just a plain Jane setting so I decided to add to the usual on point design.  I did not know I would be creating such a mess for myself.  I made T blocks and then I made more and more and more.  Once I had all the T blocks and sashings made and the top sewn together I didn't like the width of the quilt.  The length was perfect but the width was lacking so what is one to do. I did not want a large 5" plus border on each side so guess what, I made more T blocks.  Then the question, what to do with the corners.  Well, more T blocks.  I had to resize the corner T blocks and they really did not turn out that well but it is what it is.  I am quilting and the quilt will stay as is.  I have been busy, knitting working, quilting, working, watching football (YEA!!! USC won last night).  Now back to quilting.

Have a great day,


Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Really Lazy Sunday

I took the challenge of making the mystery quilt offered by Bonnie Hunter in Quiltmaker Magazine.  Well this is my finished quilt.  The reason I say "my" is because I put the quilt together wrong.  I did not realize it was wrong until I was almost done quilting so this is how it well stay.  I know there is someone out there who will love the quilt and use it. 

I will donate this quilt to charity, not because it is wrong but because that was the purpose of the quilt when I started the project.  I try to donate at least 12 quilts a year and I think I will fall short this year but I am striving to reach that goal.

Have  a wonderful day and who knows when I will bless you with another post.  I have not be very consistent but my life has been very busy with non quilting activities.


Wednesday, September 25, 2013

A give away

Angelika's is having a give away.  My favorite yarn  is represented in the photo I posted.  I love Cascade 220.  This yarn knits up so nicely.  I have never had any problems with it while using the yarn and the out come is professional looking.  Nice yarn to knit with and I would highly recommend you try it.  As you can see this wonderful yarn can be purchased at Angelika's, give the website or store a visit.  You will not be disappointed.

Have a great day.