Monday, November 05, 2007

What's on your bed???

Well here is what's on my bed. This is the first quilt (it is getting colder out). I made this quilt about 5 years ago. I named it creamsicle. I wanted a white and orange quilt and this is what I came up with. It is a pattern that I followed, I can't remember the name of the pattern. This is the second quilt. It is from last year. This is the quilt for an hour a day quilt that Judy L. gave us last year about this time. This at the time is one of my favorite quilts. I really like how this quilt came out. I really like when fall arrives and I can put it on my bed.
You can see the third quilt folded at the bottom of the bed, just in case I get cold at night and need another quilt, it also keeps my feet warm. This quilt is my, quilt in a can that I just made. I like using quilts that I have just completed. They make me smile and I feel a sense of accomplishment when I see my hard work being used.
Well, to answer the question that has been circulating through quilting blog land, these are the quilts on my bed. What's on your bed? Dot

8 comments:

Knit-Wit said...

I have a beautiful quilt on my bed. I wish I knew what the pattern was. Maybe someday I'll post a picture of it and have you quilt godesses tell me what it is.

My hubby's grandmother hand pieced every square - yep - that's right - no sewing machine. I then took the next 10 years to hand quilt it. I finally got to the point where I wanted it done before she died, so I had the edges machine quilted. Not sure if I regret that yet - but at least its done and on the bed.

Hedgehog said...

I just love the creamsicle quilt - although I hate creamsicles! Thanks for sharing these quilts.

Libby said...

Those are some lovelies you have on your bed. Thanks for sharing *s*

Amanda Jean said...

i LOVE the cremesicle quilt too. it's very lovely. I think I will play along with this one...soon!

~Bren~ said...

I really love that creamscicle quilt too. The leaves are beautiful. I keep a quilt at the bottom of my bed too for my cold feet.

Deborah Levy said...

Love the quilts! I have an embroidered fish quilt on mine. Thanks for sharing!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I love this! I can relate fully to the sense of accomplishment, plus creating something of beauty and function... what could be better? Well done, Dot!

Holly said...

Your Holly Jolly Christmas quilt looks just that - very jolly. I love the stitcheries in it.

Hope insurance straightens out for you and starts paying up.

Creamsicle is delicious. It's fun seeing what's on people's beds.