Tuesday, March 04, 2008

My Iron


Su Bee over at Pieces of time asked me to post a picture of my iron and explain why I have it and what I think of it. Well, I bought this iron a little over a year ago at the Goodwill. I had bought about three irons in one year previous to this one and broke each one of them. I had a very bad habit of knocking the iron off my board and onto the floor. I would break the water reservoir and also cause the iron to not work properly. One day while I was in Goodwill looking for a cookbook for my son I found this iron for 4.99. I thought why not? I like the iron, the spray has recently decided not to work properly but other than that I really don't have any complaints. The iron does not have an automatic shut off ,which I like. I don't have to worry about it turning off then having to wait for it to warm back up when needed. I have not dropped it on the floor and it heats well. I do wish it weighed a bit more but I can live with that. I like a good heavy iron, I am not particularly fond of the new light weight irons. I hope to have this iron for a few more years, we'll just see how long I can keep it off the floor.
Challenge to all blogger who read my blog. Tell us about your iron. I look forward to see what others like in an iron.

8 comments:

Knit-Wit said...

I have had my iron for so long I don't remember when or where I bought it. It rarely gets used (except for an occasional Sunday morning) since no one around here cares how wrinkled they are and I am not quilting right now.

The Calico Cat said...

I bit...

Amelia said...

I agree about using a heavier iron. It seemed like they heated up more and ironed better than today's models. Mine is about 6 years old. It gets more use from ironing during the making of a quilt than using it in ironing garments.

As for being knocked off...it seems like Tramp (one of my cats) uses my ironing board as a springboard to jump to my cutting table and then to window. So sometimes the iron bounces off.

Libby said...

I took a photo of my iron, I'll get up on my next post *s*

Holly said...

My iron doesn't have the automatic shutoff and that's why I bought it for the same reason you did.

Katie said...

Ok. Challenge taken.

Katie said...

Now if I could just find the camera......

julieQ said...

I usually destroy one every year or two, so I get Walmart ones. I changed my ironing board cover and will get a pic of my poor, sad iron...with the broken heat knob. Hot is all you get!