Saturday, November 22, 2008

My Christmas Sparkler


This is my version of the Christmas Sparkler table topper Marcie designed this year. I wanted to make mine look country so I choose to use red and blue bandanna fabrics. I like the gold stars but I can't say I really like the green gingham I choose to use with the red. I think it should have been a bit more mellow, not so over powering. It is what it is.
Go to Marcie's blog and find the pattern. This is the second year she has offered a free Christmas table topper pattern. They are fun to make.
Marcie even has a page where she displays the finished tops.
Have a good day, capitalism still rocks. Dot

4 comments:

MARCIE said...

Yea Dot! That is so cute with your little bandana prints! Very original. It can be a versitile little pattern. I plan to make it in pastels for my aunt--I hope!

~Bren~ said...

Very cute!! I actually love the green gingham. It makes it! The bandana fabrics were genius!

*karendianne. said...

I saw this on Marcie's Blog.

You Go! I totally love your fabrics. How fun. Fantastic. I'd say the best of the bunch!... IMHO. ;)

*karendianne.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Well done, I love this pattern and your version is great!