Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A well loved quilt

This is the quilt I made for my Aerosmith buddy in 1999. She has used this quilt every day since. Here are pictures of what this quilt looks like today.
I think she got her use out of it. I think I would have to say she loved this quilt.


She still refuses to give it up.


I replaced it with this quilt, but she still wants her Aerosmith quilt. She wanted to know if I could patch it for her somehow. I don't think so.



My friend just had a hip replacement and I knew she needed a new recovery quilt. I can only hope she loves this new quilt as much. Time will tell.
May God show us how to save America
Dot



4 comments:

~Bren~ said...

I just love it when people use a quilt to death!! The new quilt is beautiful, but I think it will take alot for your friend to replace her loved quilt. (like a hijacking of the quilt when she is not looking, or a fire, or some other kind of "natural" disaster...)

Holly said...

That really is a well-loved quilt! Maybe only the borders need to be chopped off to the point where there isn't as much wear and tear. Or it could be made into a cutter quilt... or maybe just put to rest.

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Isn't it great when a quilt is really loved to bits? Maybe you could chop off the outer edges where it is really torn and put a new binding on. Hopefully your friend will love her new quilt every bit as much as this one!

julieQ said...

Very prerry well loved Aerosmith quilt! I love it.