Sunday, July 11, 2010

What a week

I completed this quilt this week. It is Bonnie's Star Stuck quilt pattern. I made it larger to fit my queen size bed. I made it 11 x 11 instead of 9 x 11. The quilt fits perfectly. I had a different idea in mind on what the finished quilt would look like but this is what I came up with. I like it but also have mixed feelings about it.

It has been an eventful week around our house. We had our grandson with us all week. His mommy was expecting second baby in August but baby decided to come early.
Conan decided to grace us with his presence 6 weeks early. He is a cute fella and weighed in at 6lbs 9ozs. I haven't met him yet as he in in NICU and hopefully will be coming home this week. He is progressing nicely and if you would, would you please surround him and his parents with prayer.
I am going to close now. I am tired and have some more work to do before I go to bed. I forgot how much energy it takes to have a little one 24 hours a day, the house is quite now and we miss the little guy. Grandpa and I took big brother home today.
May God help us in saving this great republic.
Dot

3 comments:

Elaine Adair said...

Your Starstruck is delicious! What is there about all those interesting pieces of black/white and then bits of color?? I've made 3 of them so far, and wanting to make another - soo tempting.

Congrats on new little Conan!

Mama Spark said...

Beautiful quilt, adorable new little grandson. I sure will keep them in prayers.

Lynda said...

Congratualtions on the safe arrival of your new grandson! (The quilt is lovely too!)