Thursday, December 09, 2010

Another Post

I finally ordered myself a yarn swift.  I have wanted one for a long time and finally took the plunge and ordered one.  I had the winder, received it in a bunch of yarn given to me by someone.  This is a picture of my grandson showing me how to use the swift.  He likes to help Grandma.
 I have knit three pair of socks for my little grandsons.  There ages are 2, 5 months and 7 weeks.  The socks fit fine and I will make more as time allows.
 I am working on a very strange Christmas quilt.  The pattern has been altered to fit my likes.  I followed a pattern in an older quilting magazine, and it is actually supposed to be a Halloween quilt but I wanted to make it a Christmas quilt.  I don't know how many people would like a quilt like this but I wanted to try and see how it worked.  I don't think I would make another.
 I have my felted slippers made for my co-workers.  Each year I give them a pair of felted booties for Christmas.  They like them and the booties are very easy to knit up and felt.  If you notice the one stripe of white yarn at the toe, this is so you know which is the right or left foot.  I found out the first year I made these for myself, it does matter.  While you wear the slippers they conform to your feet and even after washing the
slippers fit better if worn on the same feet you wore them on before washing.  I guess you just have to remember if you like the stripe on the right foot or left foot.

Well I best get back to the quilting machine so I can move on the the next project.  I really want to work on Bonnie's new mystery but I have to complete what I can working on now.  The sooner I get done the sooner I can start the mystery and catch up.

Have a good week and May God help us save our great country.

Dot

2 comments:

Lynda said...

I'm intrigued by the quilt pattern. It looks very complex!

Diane said...

bring your felted slippers & pattern to quilt group Saturday.