Sunday, February 13, 2011

Moving On

I have finished Cotton Boll and have moved on to a new  project.  I am using up Valentine HST's that been floating around my sewing room for about 5 years now.   I am tired of the stuff hanging and collecting dust so my goal for this year is "GET THESE THINGS OUT!"  This is my first attempt.
Here is the picture of the completed Cotton Boll.  I like how it came out and slept with it on my bed last night.  I am surprised how long it took me to make.  I started in Dec and finally finished yesterday.  I think that is the longest I have worked on a continuous project.  Let me explain continuous:  a project that has not been purposefully set aside because I am pondering the next move.  
Well I will close for now.  Have a great Valentine's Day.

May God help us save our great country.

Dot

3 comments:

Elaine Adair said...

I've been thinking about those mystery quilts, and how long it took to make them, the numerous pieces, etc. If I knew ahead of time what was involved, I'd probably NOT do it. However, after thinking about Bonnie's method of presenting it to us, in chunks, and in manageable and organized pieces, I think we should give more thought to the sensibleness of breaking a huge job into manageable pieces. I presume some have dropped out (and I didn't do THIS current one) but hundreds of gals HAVE made and finished this quilt with success.

Elaine Adair said...

And I should hae said yours is gorgeous!

Mama Spark said...

I really like how this turned out!! GREAT job!~!