Friday, July 19, 2013

Knitting

I have been doing more knitting than quilting of late.  This is the scarf I am working on now.  It is called "Stiller", I got the pattern from Raverly.  Easy to knit and I like what I see so far.  I did a provisional cast on  as I will join the ends to make a cowl when done knitting.  I am using Sublime chunky merino tweed.  The photo looks a bit on the blue side but the yarn is gray, must have blue undertones.

 This cowl is almost complete.  I have the I-cord to knit along the top and bottom of the cowl.  I found this pattern on Knitty.com, fun to knit and easy.  The yarn is sock weight.  I purchased it from Knit Picks at a sale they had.  There was no wrapper on the yarn so I can not give you a description but the colors are brighter than appear in the photo, reminds me of a box of crayola crayons.

I am working on a quilt also but have decided to wait to show a picture.  I best get back to my machine.  Happy knitting and sewing to all.

May god bless you and our country

Dot

2 comments:

Teresa in Music City said...

That's an interesting way to make the cowl.... gives you the ability to have your pattern run longways :*) It will be lovely! Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I cannot knit; well I did once, in 1980 (it didn't end well), and am in awe of those who can. The yarns you've chosen are wonderful!