Friday, February 24, 2006

Here it is, the picture of the Scottie Dog quilt. It turned out much bigger than I thought it was going to. I put it on my queen size bed and it fit with about two inches over on each side. I would have to say probably about a full size quilt. I like my quilts to hang over and cover the sides of the mattress. I had a hard time with the side triangles. I did not figure my sizes right for the squares, therefore some the the points are not right. Oh well, I like it anyway, and I could always say this is just the way I planned it. Here is a close up of the quilting. I did McTavishing around the dog except under his feet, I did pebbles. I did spinny things in the nine patch. I don't know what they are called but it looks good. The boarders are quilted with puppy paws I saw in Quilt Maker Magazine. I like how this turned out.
I hope you enjoy looking at my latest accomplishment. I will go now to work on the next quilt. I am working on a motorcycle quilt. Once again, no pattern just making it up as I go along. Have a great day.

5 comments:

Diana LaMarre said...

What an adorable quilt!
You did a great job.

Laurie Ann said...

Dee - Lovely, what a beautiful quilt and great on the quilting. I agree with you, I like the quilt to go quite a bit over the sides of the bed. Otherwise, my DH and I play tug of war all night! :)

Unknown said...

I have a 'quilt fighter' (AKA: blanket pig)at my home too. I think we use a king size quilt on our bed so that we each can grab and growl. Queen size fits and looks okay, king size works for us.

Kangastuksia said...

Lovely quilt!

I have seen, how the caracters in American films do sleep with quilts. And you do it really. :) How nice. We have quilts as a bed cover at daytime here in Finland, and the other quilts (the simple ones) with some kind of bag/sac sheets. I have just wondered, how differend sleeping habits all of us have. I think it's nice to know this kind of little things. :)

Finn said...

Great job on the Scotties Dot! i like your thinking on the side triangles..LOL. Those can be a pain in the behind! And great creative thinking on your quilting choices! It's a beatuiful quilt!! Hugs, Finn