Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Montana



Here it is the completed Montana quilt. I like how it turned out. It measures 65x79.5. My sweet husband helped me pick the binding for the quilt. I really like it when he does this, and I praise him for helping and making such a good choice. I smile on the inside to know he will help me with that, becoming just a bit involved in my hobby.

I have been very busy with sewing this past week-end. I completed this quilt, made two dog blankets, and started sewing on a new quilt. I also quilted a really cute quilt for a freind, she had a kindergarden class color pictures of themselves on white fabrice, then pieced these squares into a quilt for the teacher. I did not get a picture of the quilt, I guess I wasn't thinking straight at the the time. A very cute quilt though.

Nothing else to write about. I must get ready for work. I just wanted to share the final picture of Montana. Good day to all.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Terrific - I love those trees and especially against the variegated yellows and oranges - they look they're against either a sunset or a forest fire - lettering looks good too

Finn said...

The MOntana quilt looks wonderful Dot!! I have always been very fond of that particular pattern for trees, and the letters just make the day!! Great job, and what a blessing to get DH to participate, every time he sees the quilt, he'll remember he picked out the final detail..way to go!!!

KC Quilter said...

Montana is so-o-o beautiful (the quilt and the state). You did a terrific job and the colors are stunning.

Lois R. said...

Dot, I also love to have hubby help with fabric selection -- he feels like he has had a hand in the finished product (rightfully so) and I get the benefit of having somebody with more color sense than my own help me make the selections. Everybody wins and, like you, I'm happy he has an interest in my hobby.

By the way, tell us more about the dog blankets... How do you make them, what kind of fabrics do you use, etc. Please? I love to make things for my four-footed friends.

Serena Smith said...

You have been busy sewing!!! Beautiful colors on your Montana quilt!! And it's even more wonderful because it's completed, right? :)

Judy said...

It's beautiful! I knew it looked good on the machine, but completed is just WOW!!

Laurie Ann said...

Love the Montana quilt. So beautiful and original!!

Laura said...

What a great job you did on the Montana quilt! We were lucky to visit Montana back in the 90's!

Leah Spencer said...

I'm amused about the husband part - I'm always going "look! look!" to my husband whenever I've made some progress. And I do the same you do, lay out some fabric and ask my husband which one he likes best - never have regretted using his suggestions. :)

Inga said...

What a nice tribute to the state. I guess there are lots of trees in Montana? Good work

Inga

Holly said...

You did a great job on those letters. I love the trees, love it all.

Tonya Ricucci said...

The interior of this quilt just glows. Feels so warm and cozy. Excellent job moving the letters around the border of the quilt. Great job!