Saturday, December 30, 2006

She likes her quilt

Remember when I posted the snowball nine patch in November? It was my November 13 post to be exact. Well this is the quilt I made from that snowball pattern. My daughter and her friends have "Sex and the City" days, they sit around and watch the show (she owns it on DVD). They joke on how her mom will provide them with plenty of quilts for this girl bonding time, so I decided to make this for her. And guess what, She likes it. I hit a home run with her this year. She is my most difficult one to buy for. She loves her camera and was surprised by her quilt. She asked me if she was getting a quilt, I guess she wanted one, and when she opened it she was surprised. She said she really didn't expect anything like this. But her smile is big and she says she likes it so I will have to accept her word as truth.
I didn't get many Christmas pictures. I know I have had time off but I can't say I feel like I have had time off. I have been sooo busy with the wedding and having company from out of town I don't know where the time went. I still have much cleaning and rearranging to do before the New Year. I want to get back to sewing also.
Have a great day.

4 comments:

Patti said...

Isn't it a great feeling when a quilty gift is a hit with the receipient. What's not to love about this quilt anyway. The letters turned out perfectly - Tonya will be very proud of you!

Shelina said...

Dot, she should like the quilt becauase it is a beauty! It is amazing how time flies, and the list of things that need to be done keeps getting longer and longer as you try to make more and more progress. Good luck to you. Happy New year!

Elaine Adair said...

What a great quilt for a gal who loves the TV show/girl friends. You made a good choice. Not easy sometimes.

Holly said...

Oh my if that isn't the neatest quilt! You are clever. How perfect a gift is that!