Wednesday, March 07, 2007

A few more tops

Here are a couple tops I made a few week-ends ago. I had purchased a bag of not very well cut 2.5 inch squares at an estate sale many many moons ago. I think it has been almost ten years now. I sewed the pieces ( I don't think they could really be called squares) onto muslin and made 6.5 x 4.5 inch rectangles then sewed them together. I had enough to make two twin size quilt tops. I have a few of the pieces left and will most likely incorporate them into a crumbs quilt whenever I get in the mood for that.
I think this is my favorite of the two. They are not quilted yet. I have them in my pile. I was down to three unquilted tops but am now back up to five. I just finished quilting the breast cancer quilt. The binding needs to be sewn on and then I will donate it to the American Cancer Society. My tax lady is head of her chapter and I will donate for raffle at their Spring tea. I will post picture when completed.
Work calls. I hope all have a wonderful day.

3 comments:

Libby said...

Looks like a great estate sale find.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Wow! Those are great, reflective of the amount of work invested... fabulous! I refuse to calculate the number of unquilted tops, for me that would be like divulging my weight, or ... *gasp*... age! Ha!! Five sounds low to me, it's in the single digits!! ;)

Finn said...

Hi Dotty, what a great way to use up those oddly cut squares. I think it is a very creative use of them, and you should be proud!! I think that stuff that lies unfinished and gets put into estate sales, is often "flawed" work...but in this case it didn't really matter.
That is ONE big pile of sewing girl!! And they both look great..*VBS* Love the looks of your HAD quilts also, you are making great progress all the time. Hugs, Finn