Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Update

Doctors appointment went well today. Stands at no surgery. My arm at the wrist will be a bit different but then again so am I. This is a picture of my new splint. I am happy to be done with the older one,(the hard whatever and ace bandages), but this one will take a bit of getting used to. I do have more mobility but along with the more mobility I also have the added responsibility of knowing and staying within my capabilities. My right arm seems to be doing okay, it has just a hairline fracture and I wear my brace most of the time. I think I will go out and look for a different style later in the week, that is for my right arm, I need to stay with what the Doctor gave me for the left. My next appointment is in 3 weeks, Sept 12th, and I then will hopefully get the okay to go back to work.
This is a picture of some of the blocks I have been working on. It has been slow and not very accurate. Many mistakes they just get left because I can't rip anything out. I probably won't be sewing for a few days, not until I get used to the new brace and figure out how to do it without to much stress and strain. I don't want to complicate matters and make things worse. I have been staying awake more the past few days so I will start on my walking program and hopefully start enjoying a few books. One of my buddies brought me a nifty book holder to use. I look forward to try that out.

Here is a picture of what I would love to be working on.

I see it each time I walk into my sewing room. Oh how our lives get turned upside down when accidents happen. I am learning how to lean on the Lord more and more.
Take care and have a good evening. DOT

8 comments:

Yvonne said...

Glad your appointment went well...no surgery is a big plus. Take it slow and let yourself heal...you'll be back to stitching in no time. Sometimes life does throw you a curve....take care!

His Office, My Studio said...

I am glad the news is good. Take care!

Libby said...

Good news for no surgery . . . just remember to not overdo - healing is a process that sometimes is slower than we would like *s*

~Bren~ said...

Life does not always do what we want it to do. It is wonderful that you do not have to have surgery. Your recovery will fly by!!!

Holly said...

Hey Dot! I'm glad you are healing well. You'll have to share what books you are reading. Does this mean you can come visit Saturday? Keeping you in my prayers :)

Hanne said...

Good news Dot :-)
Keep on taking it easy!

Knit-Wit said...

I'm thankful for your good doctor appointment. Hope you find a "hard to put down" book to read.

Anonymous said...

Hey--Take care of yourself--Your quilts are beautiful--though they can wait until your heal-Love you