Sunday, September 30, 2007

Where do I start?

These first five photos are part of the Hoffman Challenge quilts. They were the ones that stuck out to me the most. I can't say they were the most spectacular, as they all were in their own way, but they were the ones that caught my eye enough to get a photo taken.














I guess I liked the creative way in which the quilter used the challenge fabric in these pieces.




This quilt is one in a vendor booth. Can you guess why I liked it? I found the pattern interesting but yes, it is the orange that drew my eye to the quilt. I would like to think I would like it in any color but it is the orange that pops out to me.






I thought this was cute. Another quilt at a vendor. I don't think I would ever make it but who knows. Fun to look at.






This is another vendor quilt. I took this because my BIL is a logger and I thought this was clever. I will have to figure out the pattern myself or find it on line and order it. It certainly is a beautiful quilt.







The last photo for now. Another vendor, I don't think you are supposed to snap pictures from the vendor booths but I did. No one said anything, I didn't do it to steal and idea, I just like the piece. I have noticed turtles have been popular lately and I thought this one was rather cute.





Next instalment will be exhibition quilts.
Dot






4 comments:

Knit-Wit said...

Thanks for sharing the quilt show with us!

Those first quilts are interesting! I attended a quilting retreat one year with a gal who did artwork in her quilt. She was fantastic. She did this piece of a mother and daughter snuggling in bed under a quilt. Fabulous.

Another gal, whose father had recently passed away, made a quilt out of his neckties. It was quite impressive.

Katie said...

That "log cabin" quilt is amazing! Thanks for sharing.

Fuzzy White Dogs said...

I love the quilted dress! That is such an original way to use the fabric, and SO pretty!

Jeanne said...

Love seeing pictures from quilt shows. Thanks for sharing.