Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Radiographs


I just figured out how to capture the radiographs of my left arm onto my computer. You can see where my thumb was dislocated and the fractures in the bones at the wrist. If you read the bottom of my last post, you read where I was released from my doctor today. What a good feeling. Dr. B was very pleased with my recovery, he was happy with the results of physical therapy. He said he is done seeing me until the next accident. I laughed. I figure the first time I saw him was 14 years ago when I blew my leg apart, now when I blew my arm apart, so in 14 years he will be retired and I probably won't be riding anymore.
I will contact the Harley repair shop and make an appointment to discuss the repairs on my bike. I really want to continue to ride, but when I consider the cost, financial and how I have put others in a bind, (with this mishap) do I really want to take the chance again. I will repair my bike and make that decision next spring. If I quit riding it will be because I don't want to be out of work for 8 weeks and tally up the cost of no income during the recovery. Of coarse one can not continue to live and enjoy life with the looming fear of mishaps. I could break a bone doing just about any thing. Let me see, the first time (my leg) jumping off a roof.
I will say I look like I have pretty good looking bones for an almost 50 year old. My arms look kind of fat, but then again I did have a long sleeve shirt on at the time of the radiographs.
Have a great evening. Dot

7 comments:

~Bren~ said...

LOL...glad you pointed out the shirt, we would all be looking at your "fat"!!! Who would notice that?? I guess I would if it was my own arm.
I think you need to jump back on your bike. It is who you are. Just stay off roofs!

Knit-Wit said...

You have beautiful hands, my dear. Ha!

You 'crack' me up! You are much more adventurous than I am. I just do safe things - well, I guess I could cut myself with an arrow.

Enjoy your bike! I am quite envious that you are brave enough to ride one - and to own a Harley - oh, I'm coveting - better sign off...

His Office, My Studio said...

WOW you sure did have bad damage to you thumb and wrist. You have healed so fast which is very good.

No sure what to say about the bike. I am in fear every time my sister and her hubby are out riding.

Holly said...

Great news, Dot. You are right - you could get hurt doing anything.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Wow those are impressive x-rays! Glad to hear your on the mend!

atet said...

Great news about the arm healing well and your doctor not needing to see you again! Whatever you decide about the bike will be the right thing for you. But, just something to think about -- my dad gave up riding when I was a kid because of fears about accidents. When he finally was able to really consider getting a bike -- well, let's just say it didn't happen. Life is short -- and there are no guarantees. If it brings you joy, go for it.

Vicky said...

Ouch!!! I shattered my shoulder tripping on a pair of shoes. I'd say you need to hop back on the bike. It makes for a much better story!! LOL

(Hugs)