Friday, October 26, 2007

Still here but slower than usual

Being back to work full time really cuts into my quilting time. Not that I am complaining, I am just stating a fact. I have been working on the letters for my Christmas project. I have one more word to make then I can start putting the project together. My son called last Sunday and said they woke up to 8 inches of snow. The felted slippers I made him last winter have shrunk to were they don't fit him anymore so he asked me to knit him a new pair. I started working on them while watching the World Series, here is the first one and I have started the second.
They look so large. It is amazing to me how big they are until you felt them. I hope he likes the color. I am just using yarn I have on hand. Oh well, they are so warm I am sure he will wear them even if he doesn't care for the color.
Hopefully I will have more to post later. Dot

P.S. If I don't post tomorrow don't forget to root for USC. They play the Oregon Ducks. FIGHT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Darcie said...

Your wordie quilt is going to be adorable!

And just where does your son live...waking up to snow?!? As much as I love the stuff...please explain to your dear son that he might just like to keep it for awhile...we're not finished harvesting! Pretty please?! lol

Knit-Wit said...

We can't get the World Series here. Bummer.

I can't wait to see the finished quilt. Looks great so far.

We woke up to snow here also - nice and refreshing air!

Holly said...

I like how you made the "o" in Holly by rounding the corners. Looking great, Dot.