Thursday, November 29, 2007

Plans Interrupted

Well I came home from work tonight with one thing on my mind. I was going to start making a baby quilt for a friend at work. Her daughter had to have emergency surgery on Wednesday. The poor little thing is only 11 months old and she had somehow contracted a severe staff infection on her leg. My co-worker took her to the doctor on Monday afternoon and they immediately admitted her to the hospital for surgery on Tuesday. I spoke with the mother today and the little one is doing well. She is recovering and will be home either tonight or tomorrow. I am still going to make the quilt but my plans were interrupted.

I have decided to gather the items I am going to donate to Frontier Missions. I have gathered


these seven quilts to donate this winter.























I am also donating 10 hats that I have made.





Now to get back to my regularly scheduled program I will make the baby quilt using the fabrics below. I might add some more as I go along but this is what I have so far. I will show a picture of the completed quilt. I hope to get it done this week end so I can give to Mom on Monday.



I will close for now so I can get started. Dot








10 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

I wish I knew that you (anyone) knew of an organization that would accept a halloween quilt. I finally gave my second to my GF as a winter holiday gift.

Libby said...

A very lovely bunch of quilts. Hope the little one continues to improve.

not up to code said...

Beautiful quilts! Who do you donate them to? My mother does the same thing and donates them to orphanages in Romania and Mexico. She also makes children's quilts for children in the foster care system. These children often move from one home to another and a quilt is a nice comfort item for them take with.

Unknown said...

Very nice quilts. I really like the second one. It is very kind of you to give them away. I'm sure they will be a comfort to someone.

Lizzy

Andrea said...

Aww - poor little thing. I'm sure a lovely quilt from you will be appreciated. Great donation quilts - how kind you are.

julieQ said...

Wow! What lucky people who will received your donated quilts.

I am sorry for the little one, Staph is nothing to sneeze at these days.

JulieQ

Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

Hi Dot,

Thank you for your nice comment on my blog. I hope the little one with the staph infection is improving. My DIL got a staph infection in her hip as a teenager and already had osteoporosis in that hip. You are a doll to be so generous with your quilts and knitting.

MARCIE said...

Good for you Dot! That is a nice bunch of quilts and hats you are donating! You are very generous!

Holly said...

Ooooh, very pretty. My favorites are 1, 2, and 7. Glad the little girl is recovering.

Ali Honey said...

Dot that is such a lovely idea. Your quilts are just lovely and may change the way a recipient sees the world!What a generous lady, I'm glad to know you. Hugs from NZ.