Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Next project

I am moving on to the next project. I have decided to make a red/white Jacobs ladder for my son and his wife for their 1st anniversary. I have a few of the blocks completed. This quilt will be slightly larger than a queen so it will fit their bed without fear of someone being a blanket hog. The one I made them for their wedding gift was a queen and my dear son asked me to make one just like it but larger because according to him his wife hogs all the blanket while sleeping.
I tend to believe he is the blanket hog. I told him I would not make another just like the other only larger but I would make a new quilt for them with the same colors. They want it red and white. I am already tired of making it because it is boring working with the same two colors. I hope to have it done by the end of the month. It will be nice when completed but getting there is getting me down. I really want to be working with Christmas fabric right now. I will keep my nose to the grind stone and get it done.
Have a good evening. Dot

7 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

Please explain what is going on in the first photo... I can not see how you can use that strip set in a Jacob's ladder block.

Libby said...

It may seem boring, but red and white is such a lovely color combination. It's going to be a stunner *s*

Elaine Adair said...

I also, am wondering about that strip set with Jacob's Ladder ... how are you going to use that?

BTW, this is one of my favorite quilt blocks, but I agree, in just two colors, enthusiasm wanes FAST! But it will be gorgeous!

Holly said...

That's going to be beautiful. I love red and white.

Knit-Wit said...

You are just cruising right through these quilts! I can hardly wait to see the finished product.

QuiltingFitzy said...

Just fluff some greenery around you and call it Christmas, you already have the red and the white!

We suffer with blanket stealing here too, until the electric blanket comes out, then we're all hunky dorey again!

~Bren~ said...

Those blocks are STUNNING!! Red and white is about the best color combo there is and the Jacobs Ladder will be wonderful. I can't wait to see how you set it.