Sunday, January 27, 2008

I have been busy

Well I completed this quilt. I did not get the borders on it that I wanted, I played and played all week and it just would not happe,so I settled for these borders. I like it but I still wonder what could have been. I guess it wasn't to be. This quilt will be a donation quilt for AIDS research. I wanted to start my Shakespeare in the Park but this quilt has been haunting me. I started this pink and black quilt last year and could not work on it after I broke my arms so I am going to complete it now. I can't say I am doing the best job on it. My seams and points just don't seem to want to work out so I am doing the best I can to get it done.
At the time it seemed like a good idea now I have lost interest and want to just get it done. I have a few more rows to sew than put the borders on. It will work fine for a donation quilt and someone will love it.

Here are the colors I am going to use on my SITP. I can start this when I am done with the other quilt. My inspiration will be looking at these fabrics waiting for me to cut into. Well I best get going so I can start cutting sooner than later.
Have a good day. Dot


6 comments:

Finn said...

Hi Dottie, thanks for the heads up on getting your plaids into a quilt. *VBS* You did a fantastic job. I scrolled down and found it on January 11th. It sure did take alot of 4 patches and even more of the additional parts to get that great looking quilt *VBS*
Glad to hear you are getting back on track after your arm accident.
I love the black and white one in today post. I use that particular combo quite often, especially in baby quilts. Gets alot of stuff used up making those hour glass blocks.
I know what that pattern is called when the triangle matches the square it touches, but can't for the life of me remember it today...LOL. Darn the senior moments...*VBS* Great job on all of them, great quilts. Big hugs, Finn

Sweet P said...

I love your black, white and red quilt. It is simply stunning. Watch your mail box later this week. I'll be mailing your prize package tomorrow.

Holly said...

You really have been busy! I don't know what you had in mind for the border but I can't imagine it looking more awesome than it already does. Love the Montana pictures.

Libby said...

Love the quilts you are working on . . .what a great gesture to donate the newest one. I'm sure it will be appreciated more than you know.

Elaine Adair said...

That red in the border really zips up that quilt. Isn't it funny how a bit of color and put so much zing into a project. Good job!

Cher said...

and I would have to add, the quilting is fantastic on the black/white auction quilt! love the snow photos!