Sunday, March 23, 2008

Signature blocks


Yesterday my buddy Diane and I went to the Airing of the Quilts show in Milwaukee, Or. We happened to arrive right when there was a presentation on memory quilts, so we went into the presentation. Well, it certainly was informative and fun. We decided our small sewing group needs to make some signature blocks for each other. We figure there are five of us regulars so we want the block fairly large. I found this block at cache cow, it measures 12 inches. I think it is going to be a good size, we could set it on point if wanted and make a nice wall hanging with the completed blocks. I will present this to the others and see what they thing.
I hope everyone had a good Easter. We haven't eaten yet but the smell of the ham is making me hungry. Dot.

3 comments:

Lynda said...

This looks a really lovely block. Memory quilts are fabulous - time passes so quilckly, it's good to have something tangible to remember people by.

Shelina said...

What beautiful colors for a signature block. I think signature quilts are a great idea to memorializes a group.

Katie said...

What a cool website. Thanks for the link.