Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Goodies from Finland


Jen, from Life's a Quilt, requested a trade a few weeks ago. She was looking for a specific fabric and was willing to exchange a small quilt for the fabric. Well; I decided to ask her if she would be willing to exchange some Finnish fabric for the fabric she was looking for and a wonderful exchange of fabric was brokered.
Here is a picture of the wonderful fabric and a little extra. The napkins are really cute, I will save them for something special. I already have ideas for the fabric and the ribbon is Christmas ribbon so I will come up with a Christmas project in the future to use that on.
I have been looking for Finnish fabric for a while but could not find any to purchase. My ancestry is Finnish and just thought it would be fun to have a small project made out of some authentic Finnish fabric. I am sooooo happy with what I have. Jen, you were spot on with your choices. I thank you very very much.
Good evening to all. Dot

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see what you do with the fabric! Enjoy!

Libby said...

Great trade *S*

Michele Bilyeu said...

Ah, Dot...maybe we're related! My paternal grandparents came over from Finland in 1901 and settled in Alaska where my dad was born and I was raised. My mom is 100% French...so I'm half and half. Maybe we share some common ancestry on the Finn side!