Sunday, June 19, 2011

Camp quilts and hats

This is my 4th of July camp quilt.  I used different patriotic  fabrics and the basic "Trip Around the World" pattern.  It should fit the bed fine.

 I also made this hodge-podge quilt.  We needed double size quilts for the bed in the shed so I made these two to take up on our next trip.  I used 2.5 inch strips for this quilt.  I had a box of strips cut from something I was working on about 5 years ago so I just put them together in this mish-mash design.  Not a "traditional" quilt but a quilt that will keep us warm non the same.
I went to the fabric store yesterday to purchase some fabric to make a quilt for my grandson.  Grandson #1 was with me and he found this dinosaur fabric he wanted a hat out of.  I purchased a yard of the fabric than came home and searched the internet for a free pattern to make a hat.  I have enoung to make three hats for my three grandsons and a bit left over.  I might try another style hat with the left over if time allows.

Well I better get to laundry and house work.  Have  a good day one and all.

May God help us save our great country.

Dot

1 comment:

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Isn't it great when little kids pick out fun fabrics and ask you to make them something. I've made several hats for my son - certainly a useful item for summer days. I love your hodge podge quilt - great use of left-over strips from years past! I am sure it will be the perfect quilt for the camp. And TATW - a true classic - looks great in patriotic colors. You have been busy! Cheers! Evelyn