Saturday, July 23, 2011

Conan's quilt

My second grandson had his first birthday this month.  I make the kids a big twin size quilt for their first birthdays and this is Conan's/  His mom told me he likes cars.  I had a very hard time finding fabric with cars on it and I found this.  After I made the quilt I have found other fabrics but this is what I had to choose from before.
I am not complaining, I like the fabric and so does Conan and his mommy, and that is what is important.

I don't know where the summer is going.  I can't say I have accomplished much but here it is almost August.  I hope my accomplishments are a few more next month than they have been this one.

I am quilting on a new top tonight and hope to have it done tomorrow.  I have to smaller TATW's to quilt and them two tops from about 4 years ago to complete.  I don't know why I have been sitting on these two quilts but I do think they have probably aged enough now. 

I have another birthday quilt to make before October, the fabric is purchased and I know the pattern I will use, I just have to finish up the loose ends elsewhere.

Good night and may God Bless you and our great country.

Dot

No comments: