Monday, July 30, 2012

Don't Ask

I decided to make a quilt using Bonnie Hunter's "Scrappy Trip" pattern,.  I wanted a project to take to my Mom's and I wanted to use up scraps.  Well it isn't turning out as good as my minds eye saw.  I did not do a good job separating lights/darks and the mediums make the trips around the world very murky.  Oh well the quilt will be completed and it will make a very good quilt for camping.  Nothing ventured nothing gained, isn't that right.  I used up a bunch of scraps and I have a camping quilt.

I have decided to name this quilt "Don't Ask" because it just isn't turning out the way I thought it would and I have made many mistakes along the way, so please just don't ask me to explain anything, especially what I was thinking.

Have a wonderful week.

May God bless you and our great country.

Dot

2 comments:

Melinda said...

When you finish the quilt and step away from it, you will be surprised how the trips show up. I taught this a couple of weeks ago and all the quilts turned out great.

Tracey in CT said...

Mom and I made this pattern during one of our 'at home retreats' last winter. We found that the sections of the quilt which had very few lights looked better than those areas where there were a lot of lights. Mom did hers with different greens running down the center of each block and that made the pattern jump out more.