Thursday, April 03, 2014

Rug Mugs and a bag

I found a pattern on the internet for Easter egg mug rugs.  I decided to make some for my co-workers and my grandsons.  Here is a picture of the completed mug rugs.  They were fun to make and I used a fair amount of my scraps.

I also decided to use some of my scraps to make myself a small knitting bag.  I have been taking my knitting projects to and from work in an old gift bag which has become very tattered over the months.  I thought I would try making a bag with scraps and left over batting.  Here are the result.  This is the same bag, both sides just so you can see the fabrics I used.  I really like how it turned out. 

I just might have to make a few more in different sizes before I move on to other projects.

Well I better go and get dinner started.  I promise to try to post at least once a week.  I haven't really been sewing much in the last few months but hopefully that will change.

Have a blessed week-end.

Dot

1 comment:

Diane Wagner said...

I like both the egg mug rugs and the knitting bag. Good job!