Friday, June 12, 2015

Some recent finishes

I made this quilt using up left over fabric from a quilt I made a few years ago for my grandson.  I am trying to use up fabrics and get then out of my way.  I figured this was a good way to use up this print.  I think I should have made the blue strip a bit thinner but done is done and it is being used.
I made this quilt while visiting my mother.  My sister and I were at my mothers for a week end clean up and garage sale set up but we were rained out.  I did go through the many boxes of  fabric my mom had, my sister and I took what we wanted, left the rest for the sale.  I had spare time so I used my mom's sewing machine (I didn't bring mine as I thought I wouldn't have time to sew) and some fabric strips I found and made this quilt top while there.  I have named this quilt "Hanging with my Home-girls"  I will donate this to charity in the fall.
I just completed this quilt.  It is a free pattern on the internet, I believe JR Reynolds, not certain though.  I had a a couple other ribbon style quilts and then found this pattern.  I think I like the other pattern better as the ribbons are not as wide and think they look much better.  I think if I ever made this again I wold make twice as many ribbons and half the width.  It is a nice quilt and someone will love it.

I am trying my hand at an art quilt right now.  I will share more about that later.

Have a blessed day.

Dot

No comments: