Saturday, February 17, 2007

Pink, Pink, Pink


This is turning out very pink. I am not a pink person but have collected pink fabric over the past few years to make a Breast Cancer quilt(scroll down to Aug. 2nd) and a pink and brown quilt . I have completed both, they are not quilted yet, but the tops are done and I still swim in pink. I have made two Trip Around the World, one baby and one twin and now this quilt and I am still swimming in pink. I will eventually widdle the pink down but in the process there is alot if pink. Oh I almost forgot I used pink in the Sex and the City quilt also.
The HAD quilt is very bright but I do think the black Valentine fabric I am going to use for the borders will calm it down. We are having a very beautiful day today and I might stop sewing to go out and do some yard work. I have much sewing to do but the outdoors is calling also.
Enjoy the week-end.

9 comments:

joyce said...

I love the pink quilt but then pink is one of my favorite colors. Of course, what color isn't as long as it's in a quilt!

Libby said...

I'm not a pink person either, but I think your quilt looks terrific.

Norma said...

I consider myself a "pink" person so you can send that gorgeous quilt my way! *LOL* I am sure whoever ends up with that quilt will really appreciate it! Beautiful!

Beth said...

oh your HAD is SO pretty! I was proud of myself that I had gotten caught up with all the blocks! You spur me on to keep up to date. Mine is RWB and I hope will be a QOV.

Anne said...

Your pink HAD quilt is lovely! The contrast between all the different pinks makes it just sparkle.

qwltnfool said...

Lovely pink quilt! It's rare that I use pink even though it is one of my favorite colors. Montana AFB - Is Malstrom in Great Falls? ...I was near Glasgow AFB during it's closing years. You brought back some memories!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Not a huge pink lover either, but this quilt could get me over that! Well done!!

Lois R. said...

The pink and brown is gorgeous!

vinita said...

Breast Cancer pink quilt
Common Breast Cancer Myths

The first myth pertaining to this disease is that it only affects women.

Second myth that is associated with this disease is that if one has found a lump during an examination, it is cancer.

Third is that it is solely hereditary

The next myth associated with breast cancer is downright ridiculous. Would you believe, that in this day and age, some individuals still think that breast cancer is contagious?

Conversely, some individuals foolishly believe that breast size determines whether or not one gets cancer.

Finally, another myth that is associated with this disease is that it only affects older people. This is not so. Although the chance of getting breast cancer increases with age, women as young as 18 have been diagnosed with the disease.

You can find a number of helpful informative articles on Breast Cancer pink quilt at breast-cancer1.com

Breast Cancer quilt