Friday, July 06, 2012

A week of completes

 I competed these two orphan block quilts.  I did not realize how many orphan blocks I had until I started putting these quilts together.  I honestly thought I only had barely enough for one quilt, but found out I had enough for two and some left over.  I will have to put another top together in the future.

 I completed this sweater for my grandson.  I know it is the summer season but it will fit him in the fall and into the  winter.  I did try it on him and his fits his well.  I am very fortunate as my son and his family are visiting now and can give the gifts in person.
 I completed this quilt for my daughter-in-law.  I made the top about 4 years ago, it just took me this long to finally quilt it and put the binding on it.  Don't ask me why, I guess I just kept procrastinating on the completion of this quilt.  I am happy it is completed, I like how it turned out, and really like that I finally got to give it to my darling DIL.
I completed my first ever half marathon.  My husband and I ran a half marathon on the 4th of July and I completed it.  The furthest I had run before this race was 9 miles so completing 13.1 is a record for me.  No, I did not run the whole race.  I started with a run/walk 1:1 than at mile nine I just could not get myself to run any longer so I walked (at a fast pace) the rest of the race except at the end I did run over the finish line.  It was a fun way to celebrate the 4th and I am looking forward to doing it again next year.

Well , that is about it for completes at this time.  I do have a quilt on the quilting machine and working on the Hour a Day quilt by Judy L.  I am also babysitting today which keeps me very busy and happy. 

Enjoy your week and May Gods blessing fall on you and our country.

Dot

No comments: