Thursday, January 10, 2013

Easy Street done!

 Easy Street is done.  I completed the borders, quilting and binding, now it will wait to go to Montana to be used.
 I believe the completed size is 91.5" square.  We have a double bed in our tar paper shack in Montana but I want plenty of overhang so I thing this size will work fine.
The corners on the bottom are mitered.  I did this hoping it will keep those corners from dragging the floor at the end of the bed.  I made a large Trip Around the World last year for the bed but didn't like it because the corners at the end of the bed were to long and hung was down on the floor.  I am hoping that won't happen this time.

I wanted to show a close up of the gray fabric.  The reason I choose this for the gray is because it is a print of a village.  I thought with the name "Easy Street" this would be the perfect fabric to use.  Looking at the quilt I think I should have used a more solid darker grey but hey, it is what it is.

On the the next quilt.

God Bless



Diane Wagner said...

Your borders add a lot of interest to the quilt. I really like the outcome, especially the corners at the end of the quilt. Hope it works like you want it to at your "cabin".

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Beautiful - it is perfect just the way it is! My Nana made quilts with "cut-outs" at the bottoms to go around the 4 poster beds that grandpa made. It makes perfect sense to make the quilt for the bed! Cheers! Evelyn